Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Communications Officer (Hong Kong & Regional Events) - 1 year contract
Reporting directly to the Communications Manager (Hong Kong & Regional Events), the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Plan and organise MSF public events in Hong Kong and South East Asia, including awareness raising and fundraising events, to enhance the understanding of the organisation’s work and to generate engagement with it and support for it.
- Work closely with the Regional Communications Team to develop events for specific objections of the region
- Plan costs, resources and timeline for the events
- Develop promotional plan and produce promotional materials
- Coordinate with advertising agencies, vendors, contractors, sponsors and other relevant parties
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is independent, creative and thoughtful in the execution of large scale public events and project coordination. He/she should be a university graduate, preferably in events management, public communications, marketing and/or fundraising with minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience; willing to travel to the SE Asia region; a good team-player and demonstrates clear commitment to the aims and values of MSF; with strong organisational, presentation and negotiating skills; able to work under pressure and respect deadlines; having sound knowledge in the necessary administrative procedures in the organisation of public events; with resourceful connections with events-related partners and service vendors; competence in working with advertising agencies, design houses and contractors in and out of Hong Kong. Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chinese are essential; knowledge in digital marketing will be an advantage.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 February 2017. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.