Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. We have the following vacancies and are looking for talented individuals with a strong desire to contribute to humanitarian work and commit to the aims and values of MSF to join our team in Taipei:
Events Officer (Taiwan)
Under the direct supervision of Office Manager (Taiwan) and functional supervision of the Communications Manager (Events) of MSF-Hong Kong and respective event owner, this position is responsible for ensuring appropriate planning, organisation, and execution of MSF public events in Taiwan to build up and strengthen the image of the organisation through engagement with the public during such events to enhance understanding and support of the organisation’s principles and charters, as well as its humanitarian work.
- Ensure a smooth production of MSF public events;
- Lead and get heavily involved in the cross-departmental Working Group(s) in specific event organisation, when necessary, and to make sure those events are organized in the framework of MSF’s strategy;
- Organize MSF (Hong Kong) Taiwan Office’s (“Taiwan Office”) public events to achieve the maximum supporter recruitment and awareness raising results holistically;
- Ensure public events are being well promoted to optimize publicity within limited budget;
- Supervise and handle the relevant human resources management of event assistant(s) and/or freelancer(s) and event volunteers of specific public events;
- Assist the Office Manager to ensure proper resources (human and finance) are allocated in the office of different events throughout the year;
- Develop a signature fundraising event for Taiwan Foundation to ultimately achieve maximum fundraising and awareness raising results;
- Assess the risks and benefits to MSF’s public branding with external requests for event partnerships/presence; plan and coordinate the events, when necessary.
- University graduate with minimum 3 years of solid work experience in the field of event management, marketing or public communications;
- Relevant experience in the execution of large scale public events and project coordination;
- Resourceful connections with events-related partners and service vendors;
- Competence in working with advertising agency, design houses and contractors
- Detail-oriented with strong multitasking and organisational skills;
- Sound knowledge in the necessary administrative procedures in the organisation of public events;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin);
- Excellent team spirit and ability to act as team player;
- Sound negotiation and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently with functional supervisor based in the Hong Kong office;
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines;
- Strong interest in world affairs;
- Clear commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
How to apply
Please apply with a letter of motivation (in English) and full resume (in both English and Chinese), with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com before 17th Sep 2017. Application may be closed in advance, should a suitable candidate be identified. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and shall be treated in strict confidence.