Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a talent with a strong background in managing public communications and a desire to further the organisation’s aims to fill the following position based in Hong Kong:
Communications Manager (Southeast Asia)
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead the MSF communications efforts in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore
- Drive the development of MSF’s identity as a critical part of MSF’s Southeast Asian institutional future
- Assemble and propose MSF-Hong Kong public communications strategies in the Southeast Asia region in sympathy with the overall communications strategy of MSF-Hong Kong, taking into account the different communications needs, languages and culture in the very dispersed region
- Protect and enhance MSF’s reputation and coherence in the Southeast Asia region by acting as the primary editorial and positioning reference point for communications work
- Manage the finance and human resources for the Southeast Asia region to maximize the impact of activities and deployments, including development and coaching of staff
- Advance the ASEAN Representative’s advocacy goals and those of the Access Campaign in the Southeast Asia region by developing specialized communications approaches to maximize leverage
- Develop approaches and resources that anticipate and respond to the communications needs and activities of MSF operations in Southeast Asia in collaboration with the different Operational Centers and missions
- Act as the first line emergency field communications manager for the Southeast Asia region, in support of Operations Support Unit or Operational Centre interventions.
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate with a minimum of 7 years’ work experience in the field of journalism or public relations, of which at least 2 years are in a managerial/supervisory capacity
- Strong interest and knowledge of world affairs
- Good knowledge of local, regional and international media in Southeast Asia
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Knowledge of commonly used language in Southeast Asia is desirable
- Good presentation skills and solid experience in translation and copy writing
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- Able to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Willing to work flexible hours and to travel to other MSF offices or field projects
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com by 23 February 2018. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.