Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a talent individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO to fill the following position based in China:
China Medical Liaison Officer
- Support the implementation of appropriate strategies to achieve MSF’s objectives in China, as identified in collaboration with different departments of MSF Hong Kong, MSF Operational Centers, MSF Access Campaign and MSF International Office;
- Continue the identification of medical priority issues for China through the monitoring of relevant Chinese government policies, statements, and research, and in relating them to MSF’s medical priority issues, identify areas of mutual interest to develop collaborations with Chinese counterparts;
- Support the China Representative in developing and maintaining relationship with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to relevant government and regulatory agencies, UN agencies, local, national and international NGOs, pharmaceutical companies, medical associations, academics, think tanks, scientists, journalists for purposes of information exchange, network building and advocacy;
- Monitor the impact of China's health system reforms on access to healthcare and quality assured essential medicines, providing inputs on strategic directions of activities geared towards improving the access within China and beyond;
- Research and compile information on Chinese norms and regulations related to health areas, which can be of interest for MSF activities in China;
- Maintain communication with hospitals, medical associations, universities or other relevant institutions, for collaboration and exchanges, as well as to serve as sources for the recruitment of medical field workers;
- Proactively collaborates with the other members of the Beijing team as well as with the MSF HK team at large, across departments and locations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary education in Public health, Epidemiology or Tropical medicine and experience in infectious diseases;
- In depth understanding of MSF medical humanitarian approaches and strong commitment to MSF Charter and principles ;
- Knowledge of China and the medical humanitarian sector in China;
- Knowledge of drug quality and access issues; good general knowledge of R&D ;
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese (Mandarin) and English;
- Be diplomatic, strategic vision, highly motivated ;
- Strong communication skills, good initiate and highly creative, ability to prioritize;
- Ideally humanitarian field experience
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.