Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Conduct and supervise the finance activities appropriately in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and in line with HK accounting standard and MSF International accounting standard.
- Oversee the accounting and finance functions in the region, including China, Taiwan, Singapore.
- Ensure that MSF HK and its branches are financially credible and transparent, and that the financial policies, procedures and requirements of MSF are consistently considered, adapted and implemented where applicable.
- Ensure that quality financial statements are provided in an accurate and timely manner for MSF HK and its branches.
- Reconcile donation income and receivables in order to ensure complete and accurate records, including re-invoicing within the organization.
- Consolidate financial information for MSF HK and its branches.
- Set up accounting structure and ledger for other offices when needed.
- Conduct management analysis on financial reports and statements, and make value-added recommendations to relevant users.
- Develop procurement related policies and documents (e.g. tendering, assessment, verification etc.).
- Maintain banking relationship and obtain relevant information, procedures and matters pertaining to the maintenance of bank accounts.
The Ideal Candidate
- Certified Public Accountant
- With audit experience will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in Accounting with over 8 years of relevant working experiences, of which at least 4 years are in supervisory role
- Knowledge of financial policies and procedures
- Professional attitude, pay attention to detail
- Experienced in setting up and implementing accounting system (Sage 300)
- Good command of Chinese, English and Putonghua
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under pressure independently
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salaries and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.