Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the principle accountabilities of this position are:
- Maintain proper accounting of financial transactions and activities of MSF-HK in accordance with the laws, regulations, accounting principles and standards applicable in HK and MSF International. Ensure quality accounting and financial reports or statements are provided in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop and provide financial analysis in supporting strategic planning and management of the organization
- Plan, forecast and manage funds flows between Hong Kong, regional offices, MSF Operational Centres and Partner Sections according to applicable agreements to ensure utilization of financial resources is optimized and sustain respective planned operations and activities of parties concerned
- Oversee the relevant finance and accounting functions in the regional offices to ensure that the financial policies, procedures and requirements of MSF International and MSF-HK are consistently considered, adapted and implemented where applicable
- Establish, enhance and implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that financial controls are in place and consistently complied with to safeguard & efficient use of financial resources of MSF HK, promote transparency and uphold accountability to donors.
- Maintain proper procurement procedures and accounting record, and ensure that the procurement practices and processes are in compliance with appropriate policies and procedures
- Lead, manage and develop the finance and accounting team to ensure they perform at a competent level; and
- Represent Director of Finance in his/her absence within delegated authority
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in handling full scope of finance and accounting activities in sizeable MNCs and 3 years in managing financial risks, develop and implement financial policies and procedures of financial controls
- A professionally qualified accountant (full member of HKICPA is preferred) with at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a similar position
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular MS Excel, and knowledge in common accounting system applications, e.g. SAGE, SAP
- Independent in problem solving
- Team-worker and collaborative
- Able to multi-task and working under pressure
- Professional, detail-minded, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.