Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Case Worker (3-month contract, renewable)
The Case Worker carries out all social-related activities for the homeless project in collaboration with ImpactHK (local NGO working with the homeless). To ease the beneficiaries’ situation and maximize his/her adherence to rehabilitative programme and to improve his/her well-being.
- Identify needs of beneficiaries through intake assessment. Respond to the beneficiaries’ social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as shelter, food,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their well-being
- Provide casework service to the beneficiaries including assist in application for social assistance, public housing, job opportunity, life planning, hospital visit, etc.
- Provide psychological individual and group counselling services
- Contact beneficiaries to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (via outreach activities, regular visit temporary shelter, etc)
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects
- Develop tools to evaluate services provided to ensure that they are carried out effectively
- Participate in the development of medical referral systems and follow up of beneficiaries
- Organize, attend and participate in regular meetings with ImpactHK and other stakeholders if there is any
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Diploma or above in Social Science or other related subjects
- 2 years’ experience in casework management
- NGO experience is desirable
- Fluent in Cantonese and English; Mandarin is desirable
- Committed to the principles of MSF
- Results and quality orientated as well as service orientated
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skill
- Demonstrate cross-cultural awareness and behavioral flexibility
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, planning and organizing, and analytical skills
How to apply?
Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 3 June 2020. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.