Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
This position plays a key supporting role to the President and the Board of Director of MSF Hong Kong. The major responsibilities are:
- Render administrative and secretarial support to the President as well as organizational support to Board members and Committees of MSF Hong Kong
- Serve as the contact person for the Board President and Board members, and manage the information flow between the Board, office and the organization.
- Organise and coordinate Board and Committee meetings and other Board-related activities; and take minutes of the meetings in a timely fashion
- Tracks, report and follows up individually, those action items, decisions, deliverables and other commitments identified at meetings to ensure assigned tasks are completed according to meeting agreements
- Facilitate correspondence to the members to ensure Board’s accountability and transparency
- Arrange for travel and expense claims for the President and Board members
- Liaise with the Company Secretary and Legal Consultant on governance and advise the Board on all relevant issues
- Work closely with the Association Coordinator during budget planning to ensure the Board’s expenses are properly indicated in the budget
- Prepare and file documents for the Board as required under Hong Kong Company Ordinance with the support from the Company Secretary
- Ensure the Board is compliant with the Articles of Association
- Assist in updating internal rules documents, terms of reference for specific Board functions, new statute implications, other expectations from the Board
- Provide ad-hoc support as assigned by the Board
The Ideal Candidate
- Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF
- University graduate with at least 5 years of in a high-level administrative support position with a Board of Directors and/or senior executives, preferably gained from NGOs
- Well verse in Company Ordinance
- Excellent communications skills, fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Ability to handle confidential information with total discretion
- Ability to deal with multifaceted board members and stakeholders, managing schedules, information, and people with tact, diplomacy, and poise
- Exceptional organizational skills: prioritization, time management, attention to detail, follow through
- A self-starter with high initiative and commitment, take ownership of requests
- Focused, positive attitude, flexible, stress tolerance, patience, enthusiasm, independent
- Flexibility to work additional / out of office hours as necessary to accommodate tasks and fulfil the requirements of the role
- Events and logistic experience is a plus
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 24 Nov 2020. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.