Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Head of Office Human Resources
The Head of Office Human Resources leads, develops and manages office Human Resources strategic plans, policies and approaches to ensure both the short-term and long-term human resources are in place for its offices within East Asia and Southeast Asia to achieve its strategic objectives. The person also leads the organizational development plans to enhance organizational effectiveness and performance and foster a collaborative and highly engaged workforce to achieve MSF-HK’s goals.
Reporting directly to Executive Director, the Principal Accountabilities are highlighted below:
- Develop Office HR objectives, strategies and plans in alignment with MSF-HK's long-term vision and short-term goals
- Oversee the full spectrum of office human resources functional areas for Hong Kong and other regional branch Offices, including manpower planning, talent recruitment, compensation and benefits, policies formulation & implementation, HRIS enhancement, performance management and learning and development
- Develop and implement organizational development activities which deliver a culture of high performance and staff engagement in support of MSF-HK’s goals
- Ensure compliance and alignment of HR policies and implementation of HR programs in the offices/teams in the region
- Contribute and actively engage in the strategic orientations and policy/decision making within the MSF-HK Management Team
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience of which at least 4 years’ HR professional experience in a management and strategic development role
- Strong regional HR knowledge in East Asia and Southeast Asia
- Experience in organization development and driving change
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and negotiation skills
- Highly aware and sensitive to diverse cultures and ability to work in a geographically diverse organization
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) language, both spoken and written, is essential
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 4 December 2020. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.